St. Patrick's Day
Children's Church Ideas
For St. Patrick's Day, children's church is not about luck, rainbows, leprechauns, or pinching those who aren't wearing green. St. Patrick was a young man who followed the Lord's calling to return to a group of people with the gospel.
Here is an article about the Christian background of St. Patrick
Our St. Patrick's Day children's church lesson made a comparison between St. Patrick and Joseph:
- Patrick was 16 when he was captured and forced to become a slave.
- Joseph was 17 when he was sold into slavery by his brothers.
- Patrick was a shepherd who took care of his master's sheep and pigs.
- Joseph was a shepherd who took care of his father's sheep.
- Patrick had a dream from God leading him to return to Ireland as a missionary.
- Joseph had a dream from God indicating that he would one day rule over his family.
St. Patrick's Day Children's Church Ideas
- Patrick eventually showed great kindness to his captors by returning to Ireland to share the gospel.
- Joseph eventually showed great kindness to his brothers by providing them with forgiveness, food, and a new home.